A letter to my youngest son
Welcome to Week 18 of the 52 Week Blogger Challenge. This week’s topic is A Letter To:. My Letter is address to my youngest son.
Hello Melo oa ga Mama,
You are sleeping as I write this letter. The house is quite, we are all resting before you awake and take over the world again.
Why I am writing you a letter
A couple of months ago I wrote a letter to your brother, you can read it HERE one day although I clearly stated that it was not about you. I know this will be a surprise to you MyMelo, because at this age you do think everything is about you and for you. It is both endearing and annoying to see how strong this belief of yours is, but we still have a few more years of teaching you to share ahead of us.
You are now 2 years old my nana and I can’t tell you how much that time has flown by, it seems like it was just yesterday when you were inside me. You have turned our lives around in the most amazing way, and I think today is a good time for us to have a chat.
Wise words from your mother
Here are a few things I need to tell you:
- You are an amazing, gorgeous child – I want you to always remember that
- You are dearly and absolutely loved all the time
- Love and Respect your brother – your brother loves you dearly and even now is prepared to sacrifice many things he wants for you. That is an unimaginable gift to have. You must cherish it, even when he annoys you by wanting to hold you and hug you all the time. he loves you.
- Be strong. As beautiful as amazing as we know you are, someday some people will try and tell you otherwise. Don’t believe them. I know there will come a time when kids will tease you about the paralsys of your face or the fact that you have crooked smile, and it will be hard sometimes to know let it get to you and dampen your spirit, try my beloved and rise above it.
- Don’t follow the crowd. Right now you are always on your own path completely ignoring what everyone wants, this might help you in future, Peer pressure is everywhere even adults are subjected to it, don’t fall for it, be your own person.
- Continue to be fearless. Right now you jump into anything with an amazing spirit, I remember the day you decided you wanted to swim and we were so worried because you hadn’t started swimming lessons yet and when you put you into the pool you just started to swim naturally, I was so proud. That spirit will take you far. Remember to tamper this with common sense, cause I don’t raise foolish children and you will go far in life.
- It hurts my heart when you cry. Especially when you fall off your bike or run too fast and fall. Every scrape i feel in my heart as it happens to you. So please be kind to yourself and to your poor mother’s heart.
- Look after your baby cousin Miss O. You are her big brother, as it is you 2 are getting into all sorts of scrapes together. Treat her with respect, but always remember to protect her from harm.
- I love your laugh – I wish you much laughter and joy in your life and that you will always see amazing possibilities in everything in life just as you do now
- Never hit a woman even if you think she deserves it.
- Have faith. Your belief in Jehovah God will carry you through life’s many twists and turns
- Love family and always make time for them. Family, will always be your anchor and support and a place of refuge.
- Lastly, Daddy and I love you so much sometimes we can’t just help to hold you or to just look at you and smile. You and your brother bring us unmeasurable joy and we will continue to focus on creating a loving and special home for you.
- Oh and nana? Stop trying to slide down the stairs, it gives you mom a heart attack
Ngiyakuthanda My Nana, when I was pregnant I was worried about how I would be able to love both you and your brother since he already owned such a large part of my heart, but with you, my heart has expanded and you have your own equal space there.
I have a lot more to tell you, but I hope to be blessed with many more years, where I can tell you what to do and you can try to tell me NO, as you are always trying to, at the moment. I am looking forward to many more years of love, laughter, and frustration with you.