Spring is in the air and we need to get our fitness on.Hey Ladies,
it is nearly the end of August here in the Southern Hemisphere, and that means spring and summer are coming. I am so excited to spend more time outdoors, wear less layered clothing and just have fun.
With the warmer weather comes another great thing “Summer Clothes” – Sundresses, sandals, vests, oh I can’t wait indeed. On the other hand, this brings about a challenge.
You see winter for me is a time of hibernation, so that means no going out in the cold, and that means no exercise.. because… well it is cold out there, you know. So I am way behind in my fitness and weight loss goals, and as a busy working mum, I need the exercise in order to keep a balance in my life.
Starting a fitness routine for spring
Now with spring on the way, it is time to get my fitness and health goals on track, so I thought I would share with the 5 ways I am getting back to my fitness and good health routine again
5 tips for getting back into a fitness routine for spring
- Get a fitness support structure
It is great to start your fitness routine with a bang so being with other like-minded people trying to get works wonders. So renew your gym membership, start bootcamp, join friends who are running, cycling and walking. It is a great way to get motivated. If you are looking for suggestions of where to start, then take a look at these fitness groups FreeBootCamp, AdventureBootcamp, ParkRunSA
- Get some basic fitness equipment. A skipping rope is a great way to get back on the fitness trail, so consider investing in one. Or Better yet check out @a_well_heeled_woman on Instagram, where I posted about how I got one for free. Consider using Coke plastic bottles as dumbells.
- Good healthy food– Change your eating habits. One of the best and worst things about winter is that it makes us want to eat, wholesome rich food. Therefore in order to start your journey towards summer fitness, eat better, reduce your fat and sugar intake, cook at home instead of take-aways and see your body getting fitter, and shedding unnecessary pounds
- Drink your Water – We all know this, our mamas told us, water is life. Increase your water intake, not only will this help you feel full for longer, but it is obviously hydrating, great for your overall health and your skin. So drink up lady, if you looking for inspiration in your water guzzling journey take a look at this Water Challenge on Facebook .
- Be Prepared – Always prepare your clothes for working out, your equipment etc, the night before so you have no excuse for the next day for not getting on with your workout. Prepare your healthy meals and snacks in advance too, that way you decrease the temptation of getting fast food or nibbling on unhealthy items. I use the Calorie Counter app to ensure that I keep a food journal.
Last but not least….
- Measure & Track – find a way to track your progress, using all the amazing available apps online, Use your phone to track the number of steps you walked, how far you ran, and to set goals for yourself. My favourite apps for tracking my progress are the Health App on my iphone and Calorie Counter
Use a Tape measure to take body measurements every week, that way you can see the progress you are making. If you are not sure what to measure take a look at this guide by supperskinnyme
So, those are my 5 tips for getting back to your fitness routine, I hope it will help you as it is helping me.
Summer fitness routine, coming up
Looking forward to a great summer, where I can wear the clothes I like because I have been looking after my body. Let us challenge ourselves to better health this summer.
How do you kick start your neglected fitness routine once the weather becomes warmer? Please share with s in the comments or on social media
Take care of yourselves, ladies
To keep up with our journey follows us on social media
Love this? Share the post with others by pinning the image below