Organising your life for Monday Mornings
Every Sunday we all heave that collective sigh of despair as we contemplate the week ahead and remember that we need to be a work tomorrow. I also feel like this, especially now as we come closer to the end of the year. I am currently feeling tired and irritable all the time. I still though have a set of rituals that help me cope with the Monday blues. Especially now at such a busy time, it is crucial for me to stick to this rhythm as it brings some order to my life. We go through a shortened version of the same list on other week days to prepare for the next day, so that there isn’t as much chaos in the mornings.
I thought I would share this with you and maybe it might trigger your thinking about how to organise your life in a way that makes getting up the next day slightly easier for you
My Monday (Daily) Get Up and Go Approach
1. My 9 year Old’s checklist
On Sunday, afternoon we prep for Monday, for the Heir who is going to school the following needs to the done:
- He must Open his school bag, take everything out and clean the bag with a damp cloth
- We go through his school books to ensure that there are no slips he forgot to give us or items due. (Anyone with primary school kids knows there is always a project or something that you always find out abbot the evening before it is due – the panic and horror)
- He polishes his shoes and puts them next to the bag
- He re-packs his books into the bag, we check his pencil case that all the needed stations is there stationed which is written on the lid of the pencil
- We cut nails and toes nails, check hair etc.
- He must have supper and go to bed by 8 pm sharp
2. My checklist
In order to feel even vaguely in control of my I also go through the following
- Check my diary for the week, and not down an preparation I need to do for meetings and add that to my calendar (Scheduling working time helps a lot if my week is filled with back to back meetings)
- I check that there is nothing I need to for the lunch boxes, e.g. My family consumes so fruit that we should have our own orchid, so I need to ensure that there is always enough otherwise TheSpare will have a meltdown when he can’t have an apple
- I check the weather, and take out an outfit complete with shoes and accessories so that I can practically get dressed in the dark the next, this works very well especially on days where I have to catch an early morning flight
- I pack my go to daily cosmetic bag, and stash into my handbag.
- I pack my handbag with my essentials including a notebook and pen.
- I plug ALL my electronics to charge. I am an electro junkie I have the laptop, cell phone, my fitness tracker watch, the iPod, the backup emergency power battery all of this must be charged the night before.
- I pack my laptop bag with files and the laptop. While it’s all charging so I can find it in the same place
- As part of my fitness journey, I am drinking lots of water, so I fill my water bottle, next I add fresh ginger, mint and lemon and put into the freezer. It guarantees cold tasty water for the rest of the day.
- I pack my lunch box for the next day
- I then read a book to try and wind down and be asleep by 10 pm
Now this plan works well some weeks and other’s not, but I have ingrained it into my life as it brings a sense of orderliness and calm before the storm that is the week or the day ahead. I would love to know how you organise your life, and what works the most for you.
Please leave a comment below and we can share this with others
Hope you are having a productive week