Today I would like to share with you a reflection tool, a beautiful scripture from the bible found at Psalm: 41:1
Why I like this scripture it is such a beautiful reminder that our happiness does not lie in having the most, or being seen to be the best, but in how we treat others, even those who might be considered lowly.
It made me ask myself questions
- What is my view of those who are needy or in bad situations?
- Do I cultivate in my heart, a feeling of being superior?
- On what do I base my self-worth, and therefore measure the worth of others around me?
- Do I avoid those going through different trials, just because I don’t know how to comfort them?
- Am I a strengthening aid, when others are going through difficult times?
I believe that these questions and many more will help me to always keep in mind that I am maybe fortune in certain parts of my life but that could change any day, therefore I need to view those who are going through adversity with empathy, and be a comfort to them rather someone who pulls them down.
What word, scripture or reading made you think? What are you doing about the answers you found?
Please share in the comments below