I am firm believer in re-looking at your skin care routine at the change of each season. Depending where you live in the country, your skin might react differently to the changes happening in the weather.
I personally find that Joburg summers, are not great for my skin. If I don’t have a proper skincare routine in place, the dry heat results in more oil production and shine, I also get burnt more and therefore develop more pronounced pigmentation. Therefore my summer skinacare routine involves effectively keeping my skin clean , ensuring protection through liberal use of sunscreen and non-oily moisturisers and treating any problem areas such as the sensitive under eye area.
Sun defence is important
One of the key considerations for my skin is always protection from the sun. I use a facial sunscreen lotion from Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Range, that has been my favourite for years, I use it no matter the season. I love it because it has a light non greasy texture, it blends in nicely and is absorbed so that there is no white residue left over, I can re-apply it as much as I like during the day and best of all it is SPF50.
My Beauty Regime
It's important to look after your skin. These are my summer favorites I will be posting a detailed review in my blog @garnier_sa #clicks_sa #neutrogenasa @neutrogena #loveyourskin #beautyblogger #bbloggers #sabblogger #summer #beauty #beautycare #skincare #awellheeledwomanblog #ohsoheavenly @oh_so_heavenly_sa #beautyfashionguru #bloggersunitedfacebook
From Left to right, the list of products and why I use them
- Clicks Skincare CollectionTea tree & Cucumber Shine Control Mask – once a week I use this mask on my face. I leave it on for about 10 minutes and then I rinse it off and it makes my skin feel tighter and reduces the amount of oil in my T-zone
- NeutrogenaFresh Foaming Cleanser – this has become my go to cleanser in 2015, it is light and has not descendible fragrance and cleanses beautifully removing impurities without irritating the drier areas of my face.
- GarnierEven & Matte Complexion Daily Cream – Definitely one for daily use – I apply this instead of a moisturisers and it gives my skin moistures and nourishments without the oiliness, it also create a matte finish before I apply my makeup. Love it
- NeutrogenaLight Night Cream – After cleansing in the evenings, I use this cream to nourish my skin while I sleep.
- Oh So Heavenly Beautifully Balanced Make Up Remover, this was a gift and after using it for 2 months I replaced it when it finished because it was so easy to use, it removed the makeup without making my skin feel like it was stripped of moisture and I did not have to run even to remove eyeliner. Recommended indeed.
- Clicks SkinCare Collection White Team & Q10 Eye Cream – A well sized tube, stays in my travel bag I use it every day to protect my under eye area.
My Beauty Tip: Focus on what your skin needs and provide it, take your time to understand, do not go after every new product trend, as this might damage your skin, and most importantly treat your skin like a precious jewel
In the next #BeautyinHeels post I will be featuring My Top Body Care Products for glowing summer skin.
In the meantime, I would love to hear from you, what does your facial care regime look like in summer? Is there anything special you only use in the summer? Drop a comment below.
*This is not an affiliate post – this is my own review on products that I use*
For more information on featured products, visit their official websites