What does being a mother mean to you? What are the things you consider part and parcel of motherhood? Join us as we explore this with other mothers. Share your thoughts in the comments below.
What does it mean to be a mother?
To answer this question I not only wanted to tell my own story of motherhood, but also those of other mothers.
This is what being a mother means to me…
- Being responsible for the physical and mental health of my child. Both from a point of protecting from the world around him and ensuring that he does not harm to the world
- To be his moral compass until such a time as he can be his own
- To create an environment of love, naturing and support for him
- To discipline and guide him
- To teach him about life
- To learn from my child and be reminded of the basics of being human in a world that can strip away that from you
- Motherhood is about doing the things you don’t necessarily want to do like wipe poo and snot and watch copious amounts of the most irritating cartoons ever made over and over again
- It is about enjoying the simple things in life and learning to be grateful for the gifts you have
- It is about laughing until your stomach hurts
- It’s about being a nurse, psychologist, a fireman, a cook, a driver and having the magic to make everything feel better with just a kiss
- It is about being a champion for your child
Motherhood is an amazing, frightening calling
What does it mean to be a mother to other ladies
Zandi a mom and beauty blogger at Beat my Blush
Fikile Makoe who is a mom of 2 boys and my niece
Melisssa a mom of gorgeous little boy
Moipone, a mom and bloger at Ferocious Heaven
What does being a mother mean to you? Please share with us your thought in the comments below.
This post is part of the Blog Tag week about motherhood, please click on the image below to read more posts like this