Hello, there so Sara Essop from the blog Africanandbeyond.com tagged me in her twitter post about the wanderlust tag, and since it said travel I couldn’t resist reading the post, and then I decided to take part in the tag. So here are some of my views about travel and the places I would go to.
Here are my answers:
1. Your most treasured passport stamp?
Malaysia. That was the best trip of my life, living and working in Malaysia was an eye opener for me. I loved the weather, the people, and the access to travel to other parts of Asia. It was truly a memorable trip the only drawback is I had to leave behind my husband and toddler son for such a long time.
2. Can you recite your passport # (number) from memory if asked? NOPE. Especially because I just renewed my passport and received the new one from home affairs about 2 weeks ago, and I must now get used to using it. I can’t wait!
3. Preferred method of travel: planes, trains or automobiles?
Definitely planes, I love flying. Partly because I am impatient to get to where I am going, and also because I think it is an awesome way to have a few hours of quite in a crazy world.
4. Top 3 travel items
- Passport & Credit Card
- Pashmina and a Chitenge (one for warmth and one to use as a skit or sarong)
- Phone with music, and earphones
5. Hostel or hotel? Definitely without a doubt, a hotel, I want a bed, I need to be warm, I want privacy and to relax and to have my own shower and toilet
6. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places? I am both, there are places I want to visit again, I am going to the US soon again this year, but I have so many other places on my list. I generally return to places where I met great people and loved the interaction with them
7. Do you read up on your destination (culture, history, safety) or do you wing it? Definitely I love to read as much as I can before I go to a place but once I am there, I try and go with the flow and see what is available. I learn a lot by asking questions and interacting with people who live there.
8. Favourite travel websites? I use a variety of websites
I use Bookings.com. I am going to attempt airbnb for the US trip. Where would you recommend a friend to visit? Name city & why. Definitely Malaysia, it hospitable and the food is great. For someone coming from South Africa, the weather would be easy to adapt too, and there is a lot to see and do
9. You’re leaving tomorrow; money is no option, where are you going?
I recently wrote a post about the 3 cities I would love to visit you can check it out here. So, if money and time was no object I would go to Italy with my husband, spend some time on the Italian countryside for a week, Next go to Rome and immerse myself in the history and just take in the sights, and see the Vatican, I would fly back to Johannesburg, pick up my children, fly to Zanzibar and chill for a week on the beach with them and let them run wild.
I tag the following bloggers to tell us about their wanderlust