Happy Monday, I hope you have a great week ahead. Today we talk about how each one of us can Be The Change.
The world is a difficult and hard place and sometimes we are quick to see and comment on what others should be doing to make it all better, but what is our role.
Everyday, we make choices that have an impact on others, by making the right choices and taking the correct actions we can make a difference in our lives and that of others. Being the change you want to see in the world requires that we be present, aware and involved, we cannot be passive viewers of life around. Here are my quick suggestion on how we can each make a difference around issues that really concern us.
Are you concerned about corruption?
- Do something about it, highlight it to the authorities
- Follow up on issues that you have reported, even if it seems futile
- Do no take part in corrupt activities,
- Don’t bribe a traffic official, don’t pay a bribe to get your son/draught, sister a job
Be the change – Are you concern about stealing?
- Then don’t steal from your workplace, whether it is stationery, toiletries etc
- Don’t take without asking, anything from those whom you think have more than you
- If you find something that doesn’t belong to you, do all you can to find the owner, and return it
- If your child comes home with a pencil, sweater anything that doesn’t below to them, even by mistake ensure that it is returned
Be the change – Are you concerned about the number of unemployed/hungry/homeless people in your area?
- Volunteer at soup kitchen
- Support an orphanage with money and your time
- Give what you don’t need to those who do
These are just examples of where we can make a difference, there are many more ways. Each one of us must step up and do something different in order to make a difference.
Need some inspiration, take a look at this amazing video
What are you doing to make a difference in your community, country, or the world as a whole??? Share your story with us