These are the lessons I have learned in my short blogging journey.
I am way behind on the 52 week blogging challenge. So today, I am getting back on the saddle. I started blogging as a hobby, as a way to capture my writing instead of using notebooks, an outlet for my creativity and a space of reflection. In many ways, it is still that, but it has also grown into a space where I share what motivates and drives me in my journey as a woman, a mother, a wife. It has become my community and a support structure. Today I highlight what blogging has taught me.
The Current List of what blogging has taught me
- Nothing is private online – this might seem obvious but passwords give us an illusion of safety which doesn’t really exist. So it is important to be careful what you share, and how you share it
- That other people see it as a way to keep track of what you do, a chance to feel offended by your views and preferences and to be stumbled and hurt
- I learned you cannot help the people mentioned above, they musty take accountability for their own need for drama it is not your monkey
- You must still be aware of the power of your words and how it can hurt or cause harm
- It is important to remember that this is a reflection of you, a cv of sorts, so what you put out there must truly reflect who you are
- Just because you have an online platform that others read, do not use it to destroy others
- It fun to grow you blog, but it must be at the right pace, the right people who really love your content must follow it now just everyone
- That blogging is community, you read, share, comment on the content of others because a community supports each other
- It made me realise that I can be successful in anything I put my mind to, and that I must define always what success means to me
- That this is fun, I love it, and it feeds my spirit
- I have learned so much about blogging itself the community, the amazing friends I have made, the experiences I have gotten. I have felt really blessed through this experience
- I have learned I still have so much to learn … and I am excited to continue learning
Are you a Blogger? What has blogging taught you? Drop a comment below would love to hear from you.